Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy New Year!

I generally make a point to not wish my life away but I am so happy and relieved to be done with 2013.  It was such a hard year on so many levels for me (and for many others I know).  It felt great to wake up to 2014 and be filled with hope, gratitude and contentment.

I started the year off with several collages made from images I've carted around for years.  I'm enjoying the layers of symbolism here.  Saying goodbye to the past and hello to the future!

Wishing everyone a good year ahead.

Dialogue


Quiet Conversation



Coquette

6 comments:

annamaria potamiti said...

Happy New Year dear Vivienne!
I am with you in that I am sooooo glad to see the door close on 2013...Yay for 2014, may it make your dreams and hopes true!XO

Suzanna Scott said...

Happy New Year to you Vivienne! Yes...I must say that 2013 outstayed its welcome. Here's to a beautiful 2014. Love the symbolism with the collage. xo, Suzanna

vivienne strauss said...

Thank you Annamaria & Suzanna! May we all have a better year ahead!

Sabine said...

Happy New Year Vivienne, may 2014 much btter than the year before! Wiching you all the best, S.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT Works...
Also, I wish you a happy and CREATIVE NEW Year!

Please look at my ART Blog:
www.suemarrazzo.blogspot.com
Thanks!

vivienne strauss said...

Thank you Sabine & Sue!